Ad van der Rest BA Chartered FCIPD MIIM
Interim Human Resources Director, Senior
HRBP & HR Consultant
Senior HR Generalist ● Employee Relations ● Restructure M&A
● Performance & Talent
- HR change and crisis resolution Took two businesses that had lost their HR Directors
in difficult circumstances, through HR restructure, successfully rebuilding their
HR teams, resolving multiple Tribunal cases and restoring HR’s effectiveness and
credibility in the business. I address HR crisis, HR change, HR ‘health-check’ and
HR gap assignments.
- Employee Relations solutions As Interim Director, implemented or resolved multiple
redundancy, absence, poor performance and grievance cases. Three Tribunal cases won
out-right, with a further 900k claims mediated, mitigated and settled under £160k.
I address Employee Relations in an effective ‘plain-speaking’ and courteous manner.
- Specialist in performance and talent management Successfully implemented performance
management processes to 2,500+ employees across two businesses. From vendor selection,
training and software implementation to succession planning, employee engagement
and talent management. I address all parts of the process cycle.
- HR implementation of mergers, acquisitions and restructures More than a dozen business
unit acquisitions successfully managed and integrated. Stock deals and TUPE acquisitions,
both in and out, from 500 employees to a handful in size. I address the full project-cycle,
from due diligence, works council consultation, implementation & mop up.
- IT/Telecoms. HTC, SunGard, SAP / Business Objects, Orange, Misys, (UK, Europe, &
- Financial Services. Affinion International & Sitel Corporation (UK, Europe & US).
- Education/Retail/Leisure. Study Group, Signet, Ladbrokes & Woolworths.
Approach and style:
- Commercial – Strategic and tactical goals implemented in a practical and effective
- Straight-forward – Clear and honest communication to clarify goals and engage people.
- Confident – Enthusiastic and motivating style, persistent and persuasive in approach.
- Collaborative – Working with managers & teams to add value which remains long-term.